Amanda-Users

Re: [Fwd: Amanda 2.4.4 and Samba 3.0.0 problems]

2003-10-31 05:26:42
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Amanda 2.4.4 and Samba 3.0.0 problems]
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:25:10 +0100
Hi, Matthew Claridge,

on Freitag, 31. Oktober 2003 at 10:02 you wrote to amanda-users:

MC> ok, I solved the initial problem below - the latest Amanda rpms that
MC> come with RedHat aren't compiled with Samba support! I downloaded an
MC> alternative set and all is fine....well, not all - I get the following
MC> error when running amdump:

MC> FAILED [no backup size line]

MC> Is this the incompatibility between Amanda and Samba 3 that was
MC> mentioned? If so, is there a way around it (short of recompiling Samba
MC> with someone's patch - I want to stick to RPMs on this particular
MC> server) or should I ditch Samba 3 and download some shiny Samba 2.2 rpms?

Yes, this is the mentioned problem.

AFAIK there is no alternative to Gregor IbicŽs patch.

If you want to use rpms you could try and build rpms of a patched
Samba 3.0. IŽm sure you would make friends soon ;-)

Or stay with Samba 2.2.8a-rpms. If you only use it for backup, itŽs no
problem at all.

--
best regards,
Stefan