Amanda-Users

[Fwd: Amanda 2.4.4 and Samba 3.0.0 problems]

2003-10-31 04:04:03
Subject: [Fwd: Amanda 2.4.4 and Samba 3.0.0 problems]
From: Matthew Claridge <mclaridge AT rwa-net.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:02:10 +0000
ok, I solved the initial problem below - the latest Amanda rpms that come with RedHat aren't compiled with Samba support! I downloaded an alternative set and all is fine....well, not all - I get the following error when running amdump:

FAILED [no backup size line]

Is this the incompatibility between Amanda and Samba 3 that was mentioned? If so, is there a way around it (short of recompiling Samba with someone's patch - I want to stick to RPMs on this particular server) or should I ditch Samba 3 and download some shiny Samba 2.2 rpms?

cheers
Matt