Amanda-Users

Couldn't access /home/dir/ permission denied

2003-10-31 05:30:58
Subject: Couldn't access /home/dir/ permission denied
From: Francesc Guasch <frankie AT etsetb.upc DOT es>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:29:46 +0100
Hi.

I have a server and I'm doing backups with amanda.
There are some directories that grew too much and I wanted
to back them up alone. So I excluded them from the config
in the disklist file, and I added an entry for each one.

I did this before, so I thought it was easy.

But when I run amcheck, it complains it can't access
this dir:

ERROR: dopan: [could not access /home/samba/public/sys/david (/home/samba/public/sys/david): Permission denied]

I checked the faqs and I installed the latest version
of amanda without luck. This is a linux server with LVM,
so the partition /home/samba is like this. Maybe that
confuses amanda somehow ?

/dev/Data/samba 71687632 33092608 38595024  47% /home/samba

Any hints ?