Amanda-Users

Re: Backing up certain directories within an SMB share

2003-10-29 17:26:59
Subject: Re: Backing up certain directories within an SMB share
From: Archie Warnock <warnock AT awcubed DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:25:31 -0500
Paul Bijnens wrote:
In other words, I've got a share called //matt/c$, but what I'd really like to do is have Amanda backup only the directory //matt/c$/Inetpub/wwwroot, instead of the actual share c$.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

What's wrong with creating an addition share on that directory?

I've got the same issue, and speaking for myself I suppose there's nothing wrong with that except for proliferating shares through Samba to do something Amanda ought to be able to do itself.

I'm not sure I understand why it's preferable to have to reconfigure my Samba shares every time I add a new directory that needs to be backed up, rather than just reconfiguring my backup program. Is there some subtle benefit that I'm not understanding?

--
Archie

-- Archie Warnock                       Internet: warnock AT awcubed DOT com
-- A/WWW Enterprises                    http://www.awcubed.com
--       As a matter of fact, I _do_ speak for my employer.