Amanda-Users

Newbie type question

2003-10-29 17:04:03
Subject: Newbie type question
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:02:27 -0800
I've done a quick scan of the docs but admit to not having looked very much
before asking this question.  My only defense is I'm short on time.
Hopefully someone on the list knows...

I've built Amanda 2.4.4 on RedHat 8 (updated to the latest rpms) but now I
have a client who wants to build it on 7.x.  I've looked at the 7.3 package
set and it appears to have 2.4.18 for a kernel but only 2.9.5 for gcc where
my RedHat 8 is 3.2.  Anyone know what the minimums for Amanda 2.4.4 are?
I've taken a stab at checking provides and requirements with rpm I admit I'm
not quite sure what I'm looking at, the more so that I don't have 7.3
packages installed.

So...

Anyone built 2.4.4 on 7.1?  7.2?  7.3?  7.x + plus building a later version
of something?

Dana Bourgeois