Amanda-Users

How to handle archival runs (again)?

2003-10-22 11:40:25
Subject: How to handle archival runs (again)?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:35:38 +0200
Reviewing the amanda config again in conjunction with a tape format update... I forget (and list search doesn't return anything conclusive): How do you people recommend handling archival runs? There are two obvious ways:

  1. Via a special config.
  2. Using the normal config, but special labels and "amadmin ... no-reuse"

What are the pros and cons of each of these?

Note: I know that one argument against 2) is that you normally want different behaviour with regard to incrementals, but that doesn't really apply in my case as there are no incrementals in any case (in the main config; I have a separate one for incrementals as they are written to a different medium.)

- Toralf