Amanda-Users

Help, Strange Error !!!

2003-10-22 11:42:14
Subject: Help, Strange Error !!!
From: Roberto Samarone Araújo (RSA) <rsa AT gr.iesam-pa.edu DOT br>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:38:39 -0700
Hi,

      I have an Amanda Backup that was working fine now, when I try to use:
su -c "/usr/sbin/amlabel Daily1 DAILY1-01" backup, the system return me:

           st0: Error with sense data: Current st09:00: sense key Medium
Error
           Additional sense indicates Write error

       If I try: mt erase /dev/st0, it return me:

            st0: Error with sense data: Current st09:00: sense key Medium
Error
            Additional sense indicates Write error
            mt: /dev/tape: Input/Output error

        I change my SDT-9000 tape to a new one and the problem persist.

        Does anyone could help me please ? When a try to recover a backup it
worked fine.

                    Roberto Samarone Araujo