Amanda-Users

Re: How to handle archival runs (again)?

2003-10-22 12:02:51
Subject: Re: How to handle archival runs (again)?
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:57:08 +0200
For archival purposes, personnaly I use a combination of your two solutions.
I use a different config of Amanda with "dumpcycle 0", "strategy noinc", but
the main goal of a different config for me is concerning the logs: it's easier
to restore data if your archives are not in the middle of your incremental
backups.
Moreover if you play with the "no-reuse" option in the middle of your daily
backups, one day you will forget to no-use a tape and erase your precious
data...

I like my solution because I run 2 different separated configs which have no
relation between each other, one for my daily backups and one for my archives
when I have to archive some data.