Amanda-Users

Re: Setup

2003-10-03 02:04:06
Subject: Re: Setup
From: "Rohit" <rohit AT genetechindia DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:28:21 +0530
Thanks guys for all your responses. I really appreciate it. Also, is there
any good How-To available to get me started
on this?

Couple of doubts though..How does Amanda differentiate between
FULL and Incremental backups? What exactly FULL and
INC mean?

Does it mean that Amanda will do FULL/INC backup of one or
more shares specified on the servers based on its internal
logic?

The problem I have is this:
I have a share on my NT server which houses users home
directories aka (Z:) drive and all users outlook express
mails and profiles are stored in their Z: drive in a
specific direcory.

Using my custom scripts, I used to do FULL backups of users
email directory (stored in their Z: drive) once in a week
and do incrementals 3 days in a week.

Ditto for backing up their profiles stored on Z: drive.

But as of backing up linux servers go, I do either full or
incremental for all the shares (and not directories within
it)

Will Amanda able to do this? Or better?

Thanks again!

Rohit