Amanda-Users

Re: taper algo change

2003-08-13 11:45:08
Subject: Re: taper algo change
From: Orion Poplawski <orion AT cora.nwra DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:42:20 -0600
Not to toot my own horn too much, but I'm very happy with last night's amanda run with the taperwait patch. I ended up with two full tapes and no wasted space.

Note:
 - if autoflush is true, the taper will write a dump on startup.
- If you get into a mode where you only have one dumper performing dumps, a dump will get written when that dumper completes even if more dumps are to be done.

Neither of these scenarios is a big concern to me.

I've put RH8 bin and src rpms on ftp://ftp.cora.nwra.com/software/linux if anyone would like them. These include the taperwait configuration, the largestfit patch to NOT write a dump that won't fit if more dumps are coming in, and a patch to abort a dump if the holding disk fills up and there was a taper error.

- Orion