Amanda-Users

Re: taper algo change

2003-08-11 13:29:42
Subject: Re: taper algo change
From: Orion Poplawski <orion AT cora.nwra DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:26:17 -0600
Brian Cuttler wrote:

Orion,

Yes, that is what I'd understood your message to be saying.

I was wondering aloud (aloud, is that the right term in email?)
because the behaviour you are seeing... it doesn't allow for the
type of taper scheduling that one might first think of when
implementing the taper algorith. My though was to reinforce your
message as I agree that the taper algorithm needs to take into
account the completable but non-finished dumps.

Yeah, I would love it if amanda waited until the largest dump that would fit on the tape completed before writing anything to the tape. This would result in a longer dump process, but I wouldn't mind because tape time is small compared to dump time for my setup.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222