Amanda-Users

Re: long estimate and run times

2003-06-21 13:50:52
Subject: Re: long estimate and run times
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe AT carolina.rr DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:48:06 -0400
On Saturday 21 June 2003 13:32, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>Can you post those 2 dumptypes from your amanda.conf?
>
>here they are, along with the global dumptype.
>
>define dumptype root-tar {
>    global
>    program "GNUTAR"
>    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
>    compress none
>#    exclude list "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/exclude.gtar"
>    priority low
>}
>
>define dumptype user-tar {
>    root-tar
>    comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
>    priority medium
>}
>
>define dumptype global {
>    comment "Global definitions"
>    # This is quite useful for setting global parameters, so you
> don't have # to type them everywhere.  All dumptype definitions in
> this sample file # do include these definitions, either directly or
> indirectly. # There's nothing special about the name `global'; if
> you create any # dumptype that does not contain the word `global'
> or the name of any # other dumptype that contains it, these
> definitions won't apply. # Note that these definitions may be
> overridden in other # dumptypes, if the redefinitions appear
> *after* the `global' # dumptype name.
>    # You may want to use this for globally enabling or disabling
>    # indexing, recording, etc.  Some examples:
>    # index yes
>    # record no
>    maxdumps 1
>}

And the only error I see in this is that index isn't defined, just
used.  I believe that should be as shown in the global comment.

I wonder if that lack is preventing the lowered priority setting from
taking place?

I need more caffiene, I just woke up from an overnighter.

>Sincerely,
>Jason Edgecombe

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M