Amanda-Users

Re: long estimate and run times

2003-06-20 12:48:40
Subject: Re: long estimate and run times
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe AT carolina.rr DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:45:54 +0200
Jason Edgecombe wrote:
Can the estimate phase of amanda be bypassed or disabled?

If so, what are the implications?

Then amanda doesn't have a clue to choose the level of backup
to get optimal use of the tape capacity.

If you're using gnutar to do the backup and it's gnutar that is
too slow for you, and you're brave, you could patch calcsize
to give a quicker estimate. Someone already once did that.
Search the archives, starting with: