Amanda-Users

RE: amanda: running forever..update

2003-06-17 11:31:23
Subject: RE: amanda: running forever..update
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Michael Packer <pac AT stingrayboats DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 at 11:16am, Michael Packer wrote

> Well this time ... I removed the large disk so I could run it a couple
> times today and see what numbers I was getting.  I also removed the
> holding disk since the tape and drives are all on the same machine...
>
> Dump time is down a good bit....
>
> 1 more question...what is "estimate time"?

Amanda runs a faux dump on all DLEs to estimate how large the backups will
be, for planning purposes.

If this has been done before, I apologize, but I can't recall your
hardware, OS, and backup software (dump or tar)?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering