Amanda-Users

system upgrade broke my installation

2003-06-17 15:27:46
Subject: system upgrade broke my installation
From: Pete Poggione <ppoggione AT ebsllc DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 17 Jun 2003 15:20:28 -0400
The subject says it all. My amanda tape server is running Mandrake 9.0.
Everything has been running great on this box for about a year backing
up a remote linux server and a remote windowsNT server.

2 days ago I did what I thought was an innocent system upgrade to patch
some security issues. After the upgrade everything seemed to be running
fine however when I run amcheck I get an error connecting the the local
host

Result of amcheck:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /old/var/tmp: 20980540 KB disk space available, using
18883388 KB
amcheck-server: slot 5: date 20030616 label daily-net18 (active tape)
amcheck-server: slot 6: date 20030526 label daily-net1 (exact label
match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape daily-net1 label ok
Server check took 191.276 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: localhost: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
WARNING: ruby.ebsllc.com: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 29.858 seconds, 2 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4b1)

Just for info here is my disklist file:

[root@ruby pete]# cat /usr/local/etc/amanda/daily-net/disklist
spock           /eci/prod/              comp-user-tar
spock           /var/lib/pgsql          comp-user-tar
localhost       //kirk/admin            high-tar
localhost       //kirk/public           high-tar
localhost       //kirk/claims           high-tar
ruby.ebsllc.com /home/pete/scripts      comp-user-tar
ruby.ebsllc.com /old/pete/perl          comp-user-tar
ruby.ebsllc.com /home/pete/evolution    comp-user-tar
ruby.ebsllc.com /old/pete/Documents     comp-user-tar
ruby.ebsllc.com /var/lib/pgsql          comp-user-tar

localhost and ruby are the same box..
kirk is windowsNT server..
spock checks ok and has still been backing up fine. (Its the remote
linux server.)

I have changed nothing in my amanda setup and xinetd is running fine

suggestions?

Thanks in advance