Amanda-Users

Q: Backing up Netware3 via ncpfs?

2003-06-12 06:48:00
Subject: Q: Backing up Netware3 via ncpfs?
From: Dave Ewart <Dave.Ewart AT cancer.org DOT uk>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:45:24 +0100
Dear all,

Recently added a couple of netware servers to our Amanda backup regime -
I used ncpmount to give the servers mount points and added the mount
points to the disklist.

The files backed up successfully on their first night, as a 'level 0'
full backup; however, I notice today that the next night's 'level 1'
backup actually appears to have backed up all files again, despite the
fact that very few files will have changed.

The servers are Netware 3 servers, and have been mounted read-only
using:

ncpmount -S server -U username -f 444 -d 555 /mount/point/blah

I can't find anything helpful in the archives about backing up Netware
servers in this way.

Anyone got any hints?

Dave.

--