Amanda-Users

Re: taperalgo LARGEST does not seem to work

2003-04-30 14:19:11
Subject: Re: taperalgo LARGEST does not seem to work
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 at 2:01pm, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:27:48AM -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Hmm, so it seems that parrallel dumping is incompatible with my goal
> > writing to tape in decreasing size.  Although if the taper were set to
> > wait until all dumps were completed, I could set dumporder to "TTTTT"
> > and presumably achieve the fastest overall dump time while still writing
> > to tape in the desired order.
>
> Run amdump without tape and then run amflush to flush the holding disk
> to tape.

1) If you do this, make sure you set your reserve accordingly so that you
   still get level 0s.

2) That'll work for some, but I dump ~180GB (after compression) each
   night, and my holding disk is "only" 120GB...

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering