Amanda-Users

Re: taperalgo LARGEST does not seem to work

2003-04-30 17:06:59
Subject: Re: taperalgo LARGEST does not seem to work
From: Orion Poplawski <orion AT cora.nwra DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:59:52 -0600
Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:27:48AM -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
Hmm, so it seems that parrallel dumping is incompatible with my goal writing to tape in decreasing size. Although if the taper were set to wait until all dumps were completed, I could set dumporder to "TTTTT" and presumably achieve the fastest overall dump time while still writing to tape in the desired order.

Run amdump without tape and then run amflush to flush the holding disk
to tape.

Jean-Louis
Thanks, though of that too. Just too cumbersome for daily practice though, assuming my tape full problem occurs infrequently. Might have to though.

Actually, the following script as a nightly cron might work:

mt -f /dev/nst0l offline
amdump Data
mt -f /dev/nst0l load
echo "y" | amflush -f Data
mt -f /dev/nst0l offline

Luckily I have a tape drive that responds to "offline" and "load".

Now I'd just have to live with "E"s next to the dump levels in my amoverviews, and twice as many emails.

Thanks again.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222