Amanda-Users

Re: taperalgo LARGEST does not seem to work

2003-04-30 13:46:56
Subject: Re: taperalgo LARGEST does not seem to work
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Orion Poplawski <orion AT cora.nwra DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:41:18 +0200
Orion Poplawski wrote:

Hmm, so it seems that parrallel dumping is incompatible with my goal writing to tape in decreasing size. Although if the taper were set to wait until all dumps were completed, I could set dumporder to "TTTTT" and presumably achieve the fastest overall dump time while still writing to tape in the desired order.

It's not that bad.  By the time the first or second large image is on
tape, some other dumpers are already finished, and amanda can use
it's taperalgo to choose a good one: large that will fit.