Amanda-Users

Re: amanda installation

2003-04-29 15:58:32
Subject: Re: amanda installation
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Mody Ndiaye" <modyndiaye AT sentoo DOT sn>, "Amanda User" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:51:02 -0400
On Tue April 29 2003 13:11, Mody Ndiaye wrote:
>Hi,
>I try to install amanda-2.4.1p1 in a solaris 8 as amanda client.
>When I try to compile with this command line :
>  ./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup
> --with-smbclient=/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient --without-server
>
>I get this message :
>checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: not found
>configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
>
>Please tell me what's was wrong !
>
>Best regards

The smartassed answer would be a question?  Why such a jurassic
version?  That has to be at least 4, maybe 5 years old.

Hit the <http://www.amanda.org> page, pull nearly to the bottom
where it has a link to Jean-Louis M's web page at umontreal and
find the latest 2.4.4-yyyymmdd.tar.gz snapshot there.

Hummm, solaris 8, Jon, isn't that your territory?  I'm a linux house
here.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: