Amanda-Users

amcheck uses wrong changer configuration

2003-04-29 15:07:55
Subject: amcheck uses wrong changer configuration
From: <diesing AT snowflake DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:05:20 +0200
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up amanda for quite a while now and one thing I was always
wondering about is why amanda complains about my cleaning tape altough I
identified it in my changer-file. When I took a look in the .debug file of
the chg-zd-mtx script I saw the following:

Config info:
firstslot = "1"
lastslot = "6"
cleanslot = "-1"
cleancycle = "120"
offline_before_unload = "0"
unloadpause = "5"
autoclean = "0"
autocleancount = "99"
havereader = "0"
driveslot = "0"
poll_drive_ready = "10"
max_drive_wait = "120"

I opposition to this, my changer file which I point to in my amanda.conf
states:

firstslot=1                 #### First storage slot (element) -- required
lastslot=6                  #### Last storage slot (element) -- required
cleanslot=6                 #### Slot with cleaner tape -- default is "-1"
autoclean=0                 #### Set to '1' or greater to enable
autocleancount=20           #### Number of access before a clean.
havereader=0                #### If you have a barcode reader, set to 1.
offline_before_unload=1     #### Does your robot require an
driveslot=0                 #### Drive slot number.  Defaults to the
poll_drive_ready=3          #### Time (seconds) between tests to see if
max_drive_wait=240          #### Maximum time (seconds) to wait for the

Now I'm wondering how to find out which changer-file to script uses and
where I have to define the right path. Obviously, my settings in amanda.conf
are being ignored :(

One more question: amcheck tells me "ERROR: [DUMP program not available]".
What exactly does that mean? I have dump in /usr/sbin/

I'm using amanda 2.4.4 on SuSE Linux 8.1
Tapedrive is HP SureStore 24x6 DDS3 changer

If someone needs more log-infos I can provide them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Markus