Amanda-Users

Re: Whitepaper on differences in amanda versions?

2003-04-22 15:18:00
Subject: Re: Whitepaper on differences in amanda versions?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Rebecca Pakish Crum <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:16:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 at 1:47pm, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote

> I'm currently using amanda-2.4.2p2 and have been for over a year now
> with no problems. I know that there was 2.4.3 and now there's a stable
> release of 2.4.4 out there. Is there a whitepaper or something on the
> amanda.org site that tells me what the differences are between these
> versions? I'm not one to update just for the sake of updating, and I'm
> not having any problems. We run a pretty small, simple ship here...I
> just don't want to fall too far behind.

Jean-Louis always puts a summary of new features in the release email he
sends to the list.  You can see the 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 emails here:

2.4.3 announcement:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&m=103403454416580&w=2

2.4.4 announcement:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&m=104614699518516&w=2