Amanda-Users

inst. amanda 2.4 chg-zd-mtx, SureStore 24x6, rights probs?

2003-04-21 04:29:41
Subject: inst. amanda 2.4 chg-zd-mtx, SureStore 24x6, rights probs?
From: <diesing AT snowflake DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:38:06 +0200
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to amanda (ver. 2.4.4) and I'm trying to install it on
a machine running SuSE 8.1 with a HP SureStore 24x6 (DDS3 changer)
conntected via an adaptec 2940. I'm using the chg-zd-mtx script and got
quite far with the recommended tests.

My problem is that "chg-zd-mtx -slot next" always produces some kind of
error. This could either be:

3 mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Medium Error
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 52
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 4 to 1 Failed

or, doing it right again:

3 Drive not ready after 120 seconds, rewind said "/usr/bin/mt: /dev/sg0:
Operation not permitted"

Since I'm always getting one of the two possibilities, I'm a bit unsure
about where to start searching. I read about putting some delays in the
script might help, but I've no clue where to put them and I lost the URL of
the page :(

Hope one of u guys can help me.
Thanks in advance!

Markus