Amanda-Users

Re: no printer defined

2003-04-17 11:43:20
Subject: Re: no printer defined
From: WR <amanda-user AT planetofidiots DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:57:07 -0700
On Thursday 17 April 2003 06:09 am, you wrote:

Whew. :-)
Still nada!

I don't know how exactly to refer to the printer, as it's a remote via cups...
But this (as amanda):
 $ cat /tmp/mylabel.ps | lpr -P820
looks like a perfect acid test, and it is failing.

if I run that without the -P820, I get an lpr error about no destination,
which explains amanda's disposition. If I run with the -P820, the job just
"goes away" silently, nothing in lpq.

To recap, I do have functioning env variables for LPDEST and PRINTER (both
lpr) as far as amanda user console goes.

I also tried
 $ cat /tmp/mylabel.ps | lpr -Pipp://uri-of-printer
to no avail

thanks for your help and perseverance!! I'm thoroughly baffled.