Amanda-Users

Re: tapetype questions

2003-04-16 16:29:29
Subject: Re: tapetype questions
From: Martin Schwarz <ms+amanda-users AT toplink-plannet DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:28:40 +0200
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 12:19:46PM -0400, KEVIN ZEMBOWER wrote:
> Does this message indicate normal operation, and should I just be more
> patient and wait longer than 48 hours? Is the problem how I'm trying
> to run the job? I don't want to leave a terminal open, so I've tried
> to run it by piping the command to 'at now' and using 'nohup ... &'.
> Is there a better way?

try screen. This great tool allows you to disconnect from a session and
reconnect to it later, even from another terminal. Once you get to know
it, you won't want to miss this little miracle :-)

Kind regards,
Martin Schwarz
--
Martin.Schwarz AT toplink-plannet DOT de                   toplink-plannet GmbH
Network Operations Engineer                            Schönfeldstraße 8