Amanda-Users

Re: Amanada Data Timeout Problem with CygWin

2003-04-08 11:03:55
Subject: Re: Amanada Data Timeout Problem with CygWin
From: Brian White <bcwhite AT precidia DOT com>
To: Enrico Bernardini <enrico AT adm.unipi DOT it>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:44:16 -0400
> I think you are falling in two problems:
> 1) [data timeout]: the server does not receive data or EOF for long time

This doesn't seem to be the case since I see constant TCP traffic on
all sockets.  What seems to be missing is a "size ?????" line at the
end but it's the server that is closing the connections.

> 2) you are using a lev 1 dump without differences against the lev 0 dump
> (I guess).

The dump last night was a level-0, but got the same thing.

Unfortunately...  It seems that "make install" was not actually overwriting
existing executables with changes I was making so I'm not sure what is
going on.  <sigh>  Back to square one...  I'll monitor it again tonight
and see what I can learn.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite AT precidia DOT com )

The future is not set.  There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.  -- JC