Amanda-Users

Re: debug flags

2003-04-04 13:26:14
Subject: Re: debug flags
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Jeremy L. Mordkoff" <jlm AT TataraSystems DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:11:20 -0500
On Fri April 4 2003 10:04, Jeremy L. Mordkoff wrote:
>Hi-
>
>A question and an observation....
>
>I just made a small change to the format of one of the reports and
>rebuilt and re-installed Amanda. I was in the server-src directory
> and, as root, I did a make

makes must always be done as the user who runs amanda, usually
'amanda'.  This sets all the ownership perms correctly.

As root, back out of the srcdir and do a "chown -R user:group
srctree", where user:group is usually 'amanda' and group is usually
'disk' (or whatever you've used before), then do the make install
again, which should fix it.
[...]
>Are there options I can put in my xinit.d/Amanda file on a client
> so that I will get a log on the client? I think planner is hung
> now.

Probably, but I've no experience, so I cannot recommend how.

[...]

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: