Amanda-Users

Re: Sharing index between configs ("full" and "incrementals")?

2003-04-03 12:36:13
Subject: Re: Sharing index between configs ("full" and "incrementals")?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:12:33 -0500
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:51:25AM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> As I've indicated earlier, I want to write full backups to tape, but keep
> some or all of the incremental on the harddisk, so I've set up two
> different configs; one with "skip-incr" that will write to tape, and one
> without full dumps that will dump to harddisk, via chg-multi and a
> chg-multi.conf where all slots point to file:<some directory>. The
> disklist is shared between the configs. The question is simply, can they
> share the index as well? Will everything work all right if I simply
> specify the same indexdir for both configs?

You can't share the index directory for both config. Amanda will remove
the index file that don't belong to the config.

Amanda (amrecover) can't recover files from multiple config.

But you can use a third config for recovery:
  Copy the index files to the new config (or symlink)
  Set your 'labelstr' to accept both label.
  Merge the tapelist files.
  Copy the LOGDIR/log.<datestamp>.x to the new config (or symlink)
     (You can change the last number)

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal