Amanda-Users

Re: Sharing index between configs ("full" and "incrementals")?

2003-04-03 11:11:21
Subject: Re: Sharing index between configs ("full" and "incrementals")?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:54:08 -0500
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:51:25AM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> As I've indicated earlier, I want to write full backups to tape, but keep
> some or all of the incremental on the harddisk, so I've set up two
> different configs; one with "skip-incr" that will write to tape, and one
> without full dumps that will dump to harddisk, via chg-multi and a
> chg-multi.conf where all slots point to file:<some directory>. The
> disklist is shared between the configs. The question is simply, can they
> share the index as well? Will everything work all right if I simply
> specify the same indexdir for both configs?

I believe they can, however, you can't do an incremental for a config
without first doing a level 0.  And on recovery, the incrementals are
?useless? without the level 0.

The common index may solve the first problem, but I don't think it will
help the second.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)