Amanda-Users

Sharing index between configs ("full" and "incrementals")?

2003-04-03 04:12:37
Subject: Sharing index between configs ("full" and "incrementals")?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:51:25 +0200
As I've indicated earlier, I want to write full backups to tape, but keep some or all of the incremental on the harddisk, so I've set up two different configs; one with "skip-incr" that will write to tape, and one without full dumps that will dump to harddisk, via chg-multi and a chg-multi.conf where all slots point to file:<some directory>. The disklist is shared between the configs. The question is simply, can they share the index as well? Will everything work all right if I simply specify the same indexdir for both configs?

--
Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com> +47 66 85 51 22
ProCaptura AS                       +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)