Amanda-Users

Re: 'not an Amanda tape' after FreeBSD upgrade

2003-03-27 08:01:11
Subject: Re: 'not an Amanda tape' after FreeBSD upgrade
From: Laas Toom <laas AT haldjas.folklore DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:37:58 +0200 (EET)

I have the same problem with my amanda 2.4.3 (FreeBSD 4.7)

I upgraded my FreeBSD ports collection and to upgrade KDE 3.0 -> 3.1 and
didn't think
of this as a major upgrade (that would affect my systems stability) and
therefore have no numbers or anything to bring here for information.

But come to think of it, exactly from the point when i upgraded, i'm
getting these messages. At first i thought that my one of my tapes is
buggy and
erased it before relabeling and running amflush.
Now second one failed. That made me curious... i was firightened that all
of my tapes are ruined (by some magnetic smth or what ever) as they are
all in one place.

After flushing this tape i put in next one and ran amcheck (i didn't think
of this as a sticky problem in the first place and hoped only one of my
tapes was problematic therefore didn't precheck previous tapes).
Amcheck ran fine and without any errors... i'll
find out tomorrow, if amdump also has no errors.

Also i can restore from the tape written before upgrade (at least
when using dummy hostname amrestore lists all files, I did not try actual
restore)

If the problem persists, i dig further more into it, so far this is ment
as information that this problem has occured elsewere too.

Laas Toom

Now i put a next tape in and run am