Amanda-Users

Re: Fw: Error while running amcheck/amdump

2003-03-17 10:57:39
Subject: Re: Fw: Error while running amcheck/amdump
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Madhvi Gokool <madhvin AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:17:23 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 at 4:56pm, Madhvi Gokool wrote

> The /dev/hda6 mountpoint is /
> I have added the mount point to the disklist file . The dumptype was set to
> tar and then dump. amcheck detected no errors on the client host.
> When amdump was run , a level 0 dump was done on /dev/hda6 ( as seen in
> /etc/dumpdates).

Well then it seems that you've found a solution.

> If I put back hda6 in the disklist, amcheck gives me the same error reported
> below.
> Why can't /dev/hda6 be backed up ??? A manual dump of the latter on the
> client works.

It can be backed up, if you use the mount point.  What version of amanda
are you running?  There was an issue with 2.4.2p2 and the / partition on
Linux.  An upgrade is suggested (2.4.4 is current).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering