Amanda-Users

Error while running amcheck/amdump

2003-03-17 05:30:50
Subject: Error while running amcheck/amdump
From: "Madhvi Gokool" <madhvin AT yahoo DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:27:18 +0400
Hello
I have encountered the error below while testing the amanda backup software.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: osama: [could not access hda6 (hda6): No such file or directory]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.026 seconds, 1 problem found

Excerpt of disklist on my amanda server ;-
osama                  hda1    always-full
 osama                  hda2    always-full
 osama                  hda5    always-full
 osama                  hda6    always-full
 osama                  hda7    always-full

permissions on osama
[root@Osama root]# ls -ali /dev/hda6
   8596 brw-rw----    1 root     disk       3,   6 Aug 31  2002 /dev/hda6
[root@Osama root]#  ls -ali /dev/hda7
   8597 brw-rw----    1 root     disk       3,   7 Aug 31  2002 /dev/hda7
no errors are obtained with hda7 .  A level 0 backup was successfully done
on tape.

Grateful if someone could help me solve this problem.

Cheers
madhvi