Amanda-Users

RE: tapes are doomed

2003-03-13 10:23:16
Subject: RE: tapes are doomed
From: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
To: "wab" <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:58:58 -0500
"wab" <wab AT purdue DOT edu> wrote
>Case in point... My department just approved the purchase of a $4,500
>Iomega NAS server, to replace our NT and Unix tape backup DLT drives. I
>will soon be facilitating the use of AMANDA to a NAS server Vs. a SCSI
>DLT Tape. I look forward to the challenge/opportunity!

So what happens when your NAS goes haywire & scribbles all over your
backups? Or say a small meteor crashes through your roof & wipes out your
live disks & backup disks?

Not trying to tell anyone what to do. I guess I just don't understand the
"we don't need no tape" attitude some folks have.

--
toby bluhm
philips medical systems, it support, mr development, cleveland ohio