Amanda-Users

Re: Q: finally!!! my first backup ... but :-)

2003-03-06 07:22:36
Subject: Re: Q: finally!!! my first backup ... but :-)
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:51:37 +0100
Hm,
there are some solutions to suppress such a situation,
1.)take your server down into single user-mode before taking the backup.... ;-)
2.)tell your users not to log in while your backup is running
3.)ignore the failed files,It is very likely that the next night amanda will
   catch these files correct. In worst case your users will loose the
   modifications after the last backup of these files.
4.) create a script which scanns the amanda mail after the run,
    collects all strange files in a single tar-archive and write it
    to the end of the tape amanda used....
Christoph

Raúl Wild-Spain schrieb:
Ok! thanks, Christoph (and Toomas again), but ... does it exist any solution in
> these cases? or  must I have to be satisfied and try a "post-backup"
(manually or not) of these files ?

thanks again,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christoph Scheeder" <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>