Amanda-Users

Re: Q: finally!!! my first backup ... but :-)

2003-03-06 07:04:59
Subject: Re: Q: finally!!! my first backup ... but :-)
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:20:17 +0100
Hi,
Your guess is correct,
this messages are the result of an active filesystem.
The backup itself is ok, but these specific files will
probably be bad, as they have been modifyd while tar was reading them.
Christoph

Raúl Wild-Spain schrieb:
Finally! yesterday I did my first backup and it seems ok, but I've some doubts
about various messages:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  xaloc      /dev/sdc2 lev 0 STRANGE

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- xaloc      /dev/sdc2 lev 0 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [xaloc:/dev/sdc2 level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/bin/tar -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
? gtar: ./notesdata/mail/sdelamoc.nsf: file changed as we read it
? gtar: ./notesdata/mail/spaxtonl.nsf: file changed as we read it
? gtar: ./notesdata/mail/xguardio.nsf: file changed as we read it
| Total bytes written: 4793784320 (4.5GB, 3.3MB/s)
sendbackup: size 4681430
sendbackup: end
\--------

I've looked at the index files of _dev_sdc2 and the list seems to be ok. Then I suppose the mentioned users was connected ( from home) when amanda did the backup (0:45). It seems, true?
No problem with the rest of filesystems ( or it seems ).

Best Regards,

Raúl
rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com