Amanda-Users

Re: Q: NOTE by amcheck

2003-03-06 07:43:49
Subject: Re: Q: NOTE by amcheck
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:03:24 +0100
Hi,
if amanda has write permision to the needed places, it will create them
on the fly in the next run.
Christoph

Raúl Wild-Spain schrieb:
Hi! After my first succesfully try with amanda I've been changed my disklist to
adjust them not for filesystems but for the important directories I want to
backup. In this case amcheck says the following:

NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.notesini: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.notesini: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.recursosBD: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.recursosBD: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.namesBD: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.namesBD: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.mail: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.mail: does not exist
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/curinfo/xaloc/_.aplicacionsFURV: does not
exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/furv/index/xaloc/_.aplicacionsFURV: does not
exist

Should I suppose that amanda will create the necessary directories and files when needed although
it not indicates " NOTE: it will be created on the next run"? or I must to do this
"by hand"?

The man page of amcheck isn't clear about this ...

- comment : -  /.xxxxx are softlinks to every directory or file I want to backup

Best Regards,

Raúl
rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com