Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris 8 Overland Tape changer config

2003-03-03 13:45:20
Subject: Re: Solaris 8 Overland Tape changer config
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: Nigel Barker <nigelb AT muscat DOT com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:54:42 -0800
[Posted and Cc'ed]

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 02:54:11PM -0000, Nigel Barker wrote:
> I'm using Solaris 8, with an OverlandXB 10 slot changer and a DLT drive.
> Amanda        2.4.3
> mtx 1.2.17

> amanda.conf contains :-
> tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
> tapedev "/dev/rmt/1n"
> changerfile "/usr/local/share/amanda/Daily/chg-zd-mtx"
> changerdev "/dev/scsi/cganger/c1t6do"
                         ^
I assume the real amanda.conf doesn't have this typo.

> Trying to follow the chg-zd-mtx instructions, I try :-
> $ ./chg-zd-mtx -info
> <none> could not determine current slot

You seem to have installed mtx and chg-zd-mtx in /usr/local/share/amanda/Daily,
make sure they are also installed where amanda's $PATH can find them.
Then take the debugging to the next level with:

$ sh -x chg-zd-mtx -info

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461