Amanda-Users

holding disk and full dumps

2003-02-27 18:44:10
Subject: holding disk and full dumps
From: bao <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:09:33 -0800
Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to thank you all for answering my previous questions.
I almost got amanda to run.

Now, for testing, I set the dumpcycle 0 days, runspercycle 0 days, so that every time I call amdump, it will do a full dump. In someone's post and even in the amanda doc, it says Amanda will choose when it will do a full or inc. dump due to load balancing.

1. If I want to do a full dump of the entire selected folder every week, and incremental dumps every other days (1 full, 6 inc. per week), does it mean I have to rely on amanda in choosing what to do with load balancing??

2. I read somewhere (which I can't find where and can't remember exactly) that for full dumps or for tapeless backup, holding disk should be set to no. When I set this to no, amanda complains that:
[can't dump no-hold disk in degraded mode]

Please tell me what this means.

Best regards,