Amanda-Users

Re: Backup and recovery CD

2003-02-25 16:08:09
Subject: Re: Backup and recovery CD
From: Steven Karel <karelsf AT brandeis DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:32:19 -0500 (EST)
For restoring linux based systems, I imagine that almost everything is
already there on the KNOPPIX CD (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/). You
could boot from that (it would probably recognize some but not all
hardware, test with your own), then you could compile and install amanda
(with the correct configure options)  and reconnect over the network to
the backup copies of your indices.

steven