Amanda-Users

Re: Binding amanda to specific interface

2003-02-25 02:24:17
Subject: Re: Binding amanda to specific interface
From: "Greg A. Woods" <woods AT weird DOT com>
To: "Mark Radabaugh" <mark AT amplex DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:57:04 -0500 (EST)
[ On Monday, February 24, 2003 at 20:09:07 (-0500), Mark Radabaugh wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Binding amanda to specific interface
>

> The problem is the forward lookup rather than the reverse DNS.  If you give
> 2 different IP addresses to the same hostname BIND will round-robin the 2
> addresses - returning the first address on one query and the second on the
> next.

That still shouldn't be a problem.  I ran amanda on a network that was
multi-homed with two IP subnets on the same ethernet for a very long
time and had no problem with it (using ~/.amandahosts).

--
                                                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods AT ieee DOT org>;           <woods AT
robohack DOT ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods AT planix DOT com>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods AT
weird DOT com>