Amanda-Users

Re: Binding amanda to specific interface

2003-02-24 21:18:56
Subject: Re: Binding amanda to specific interface
From: "Mark Radabaugh" <mark AT amplex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:09:07 -0500
> BTW, it's not really that hard at all to keep your reverse DNS fully
> consistent for multi-homed hosts reachable on multiple subnets, though
> of course it does help to have a well considered naming plan.
>
> --
> Greg A. Woods

The problem is the forward lookup rather than the reverse DNS.  If you give
2 different IP addresses to the same hostname BIND will round-robin the 2
addresses - returning the first address on one query and the second on the
next.

I think the simplest way to solve this is to go ahead and change the IP
address of the client to the new IP address since it doesn't appear that
Amanda has a switch to force the source address.  I have to break down and
do it one of these days anyway :-)

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex
(419) 720-3635