Amanda-Users

Re: Binding amanda to specific interface

2003-02-24 18:06:24
Subject: Re: Binding amanda to specific interface
From: "Mark Radabaugh" <mark AT amplex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:48:52 -0500
> As for the local addresses chosen for outgoing "connections", well
> normally the kernel makes the right choice depending on your routing
> table....
>
> --
> Greg A. Woods

Outgoing.  Amanda picks the 'wrong' one in this case - though I can see why
it picked it.

This is only causing trouble as we need to renumber the network and can't do
it all at once.  Some of the machines (including the Amanda tape server)
have multiple IP addresses during the transition and we can't keep
forward/reverse DNS completely consistent.  If Amanda picks the 'old' IP
address to connect from then the client 'fails' the RDNS lookup and dies.

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex
(419) 720-3635