Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck error

2003-02-20 17:16:23
Subject: Re: amcheck error
From: Qian Chen <qchen AT mail.med.upenn DOT edu>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:02:46 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

>_On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 at 7:11pm, Madhvi Gokool wrote
>_
>_> ERROR: backup.terrasky.mu: [could not access /dev/hda5 (/usr): Permission
>_> denied]
>_> ERROR: backup.terrasky.mu: [could not access /dev/hda5 (/dev/hda5):
>_> Permission denied]
>_> I have verified the permissions on the /usr as follows: -
>_>    2 drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4096 Jan 24 16:09 usr
>_> Logged in as user amanda, I have been able to view a file in one of the /usr
>_> sub-directories.
>_> >From my point of view, everyone has read and execute access on the /usr
>_> directory.
>_
>_What you're interested in are the permissions on the device, not the mount
>_point.  What does 'ls -l /dev/hda5' say, and what group is the amanda user
>_in?
>_
>_
hehe
google found your post in 6/2002. "$chkconfig --list" showed the amandaidx
amidxtape were not running. I enabled them and was able to do "$telnet
localhost amandaidx". amrecover would let me in now, i can see all the
files i want to extract and add them to the list. BUT it won't extract!
hehe another speedbump! I will do more searth for tapeless amrecover.
thanks for the help.
Qian