Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck error

2003-02-20 13:04:46
Subject: Re: amcheck error
From: "Madhvi Gokool" <madhvin AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:35:10 +0400
Hello
Got confused between the mount point and the device.
The amanda user is in the operator group  and did not have permission on the
device
I have changed the device /dev/hd5 permission as follows : -
chmod +or /dev/hda5
I did not get any errors on the client host when i ran amcheck.
Results are :-
[amanda@backup sbin]$  ./amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
ERROR: /dev/nst0: Permission denied
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 0.000 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.026 seconds, 0 problems found

I have inserted a tape containing a backup that can be overwritten .
Do you think that I need to insert a blank tape for the error on the Tape
Server host to be resolved.

Regards
madhvi