Amanda-Users

Amanda 2.4.4b1 fails on Linux

2003-02-19 19:06:31
Subject: Amanda 2.4.4b1 fails on Linux
From: Chris Marble <cmarble AT odin.ac.hmc DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:46:53 -0800 (PST)
I've been using Amanda 2.4.2p2 for several years.  Server is Linux
2.4.20 and clients are Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX and Tru-64.

Had a DLE that was too large so it was time for gnu tar and an exclude list.
Installed Amanda 2.4.4b1 on the troublesome client, Linux 2.4.18, and it's
fine there.  Installed 2.4.4b1 on the server and it won't even pass amcheck.
Just dies with a "Segmentation fault"  So I fire up gdb:

gdb amcheck
GNU gdb 19991004
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run -c hmcis
Starting program: /usr/local/pkg/amanda/sbin/amcheck -c hmcis

chunk_free (ar_ptr=0x464c457f, p=0x40028a1b) at malloc.c:3049
3049    malloc.c: No such file or directory.

Any ideas?  The one client's fine with 2.4.4b1 and it's very similar to
the server (same hardware, same original RedHat install and the like).
--
  Chris_Marble AT hmc DOT edu - HMC UNIX Systems Manager
  My opinions are my own and probably don't represent anything anyway.