Amanda-Users

Re: NAK: amandad busy

2003-02-19 17:03:26
Subject: Re: NAK: amandad busy
From: Dietmar Goldbeck <goldbeck AT e-trend DOT de>
To: Shawn Sanders <ssanders AT tcs-sec DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:36:12 +0100
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:58:04PM -0500, Shawn Sanders wrote:

> So that took about 2 hours 40 minutes.  Would that require the etimeout to
> be upped to ~9000?

The timeout gets multiplied with the number of filesystems and levels.
I would set it to an hour for the next run.

> Currently the etimeout and the dtimeout are at the defaults, 300 and 1800.

You should also increase dtimeout, since tar might take more than half an hour
before it starts writing output data. An hour might be a good start too.

> You mentioned I should look into a newer tar version.  Currently I have
> 1.13.19.  I have not found
> a Solaris source for 1.13.25 as of yet.  Maybe that would speed things up.

IIRC the main speedup was between 1.12 and 1.13.
You can find the new one under http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/tar/

   Ciao
      Dietmar

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck AT schotterweg DOT de