Amanda-Users

[amanda AT fractal.Mines DOT EDU: DDS4backup AMANDA PROBLEM: FIX BEFORE RUN, IF POSSIBLE]

2003-02-12 20:41:06
Subject: [amanda AT fractal.Mines DOT EDU: DDS4backup AMANDA PROBLEM: FIX BEFORE RUN, IF POSSIBLE]
From: Michael Robbert <mrobbert AT mines DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:23:53 -0700
Here is an update on the problem that I sent yesterday. I had entered my
DDS4backup into cron and last night the backup actually worked, sort of.
It looks like it wrote to the tape in slot one, which I labeled
DDS4backup01, but the report says that it was labeled DDS4backup05.
Below you'll find the results of todays amcheck, all tapes appear to be
labeled DDS4backup05, but that is not how I labeled them. I am guessing
that tonights backup will fail because it can't seem to find another
tape.
A second question I have is about the number of slots to put into my
changer.conf. I am using the first 5 slots for backup tapes and slot 6
is always a cleaning tape. If I configure lastslot=5 and cleanslot=6
then "amtape DDS4backup clean" gives the following error:
amtape: device 0 not clean: Slot 6 is out of range (1 - 5)
If I then change lastslot=6 then I get the problem that you'll notice
below. Amanda will cycle through the cleaning tape thinking that it is a
normal tape. I am using tpchanger=chg-zd-mtx in my amanda.conf.

----- Forwarded message from Amanda user <amanda AT fractal.Mines DOT EDU> -----