Amanda-Users

RE: Backing up Windows shares

2003-02-12 13:52:34
Subject: RE: Backing up Windows shares
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Bill Hults <ehults AT paydata DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:23:40 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 at 12:18pm, Bill Hults wrote

> Is Amanda confused about the server name? There is a note about NAKs when a
> host is referred to by different names. I'm backing up the local machine
> using the "localhost" name. I'll try changing that to BS1.

Yep -- that's the problem.  Amanda thinks that they are two different
machines, and so tries to contact them separately.  But they're not, and
so it can't.

Changing everything to the hostname (not localhost) is the way to go.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering