Amanda-Users

Help with AMRESTORE

2002-12-20 12:02:26
Subject: Help with AMRESTORE
From: "wab" <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:26:07 -0500
Greetings. I'm attempting to recover a filesystem which is about 15-18
gigs in size. Amanda is using Tar to compress its archives... I tried to
restore the "image" to a filesystem large enough to handle the data,
before moving back to the original location; but I got a "File size
limit exceeded". (It reached about 2.5 gigs in size).

I understand it's possible to Pipe the restore through TAR to
de-compress it back to regular files; but I can't figure out the syntax
exactly; has anybody ever done this? I think that's what I must do,
either that or find a filesystem/operating system that can handle giant
huge files.

I'll provide version numbers of the OS/amanda if necessary... Thanks

Wayne Byarlay
ITD, Purdue Libraries
wab AT purdue DOT edu